Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Top 10 Things That I Will miss about Niger

1. men still carry swords
2. the way people dance like no one is watching
3. herds of sheep and camels in downtown traffic
4. the little girl next door that screams like she just spotted Santa claus evertime I leave my house
5. tea
6. the sound and feel of the night in the desert
7. the beauty and diversity of the Fulani women
8. the night sky
9. call to prayer
10. how the concept of forming a line to wait for something is a completely foregn one

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, if you miss it too much there is help. I will make you lots of tea, and while you drink it, I will dance like no one is watching, ideally disrupting any lines that are forming with my wild gyrations.

amw said...

Steph dear - we are so looking forward to having you home! Enjoy these last few weeks, especially the nostalgia of leaving and the anticipation of returning. Spring is here, the weather is gorgeous, and HonFest awaits. Missing you and looking forward to your return!

Sandy said...

I'm with Orion - I love to dance like no one is watching(and I do!),we can go to the planitarium to see the night sky (not as good as the real thing), lots of tea can be had (I have tons), the zoo is avail for the sheep and camels, and line, what line? Have a fantastic time with Leigh and see you soon. Love Sandy